Students in 3K, 4K, 5K, and first grade must have a birth date on or before September 1 of the appropriate year. (For example, a student entering 5K must have turned 5 on or before September 1 of the year they enter kindergarten.) Admission for older students is based on the results of Mead Hall's placement test and transcripts received from the previous school.
- Parents/guardians submit application and $40 application fee.
- Parents/guardians tour campus and meet with Head of School.
- Student is given readiness screening (3K-5K) or placement test (grades 1 - 12).
- Student visits classroom current grade-level classroom.
- Mead Hall requests transcripts and teacher recommendations from previous school.
- Mead Hall evaluates application file, and communicates acceptance/denial to parents/guardians.
- Enrollment is confirmed upon receipt of $250 enrollment fee.
- Parents/guardians provide students social security number, copy of birth certificate, and South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (DHEC 1148 or 2740).
The correct and timely placement of children into the appropriate grade level is essential for their intellectual, social, and emotional development. All placement and promotion decisions are made in the best interest of the individual student.
Mead Hall presents students with a challenging curriculum and encourages them to excel academically. While our small class sizes afford the opportunity for individual attention, our faculty and staff are not trained to teach children with special needs or learning disabilities. Students with mild disabilities can often succeed in a typical classroom setting when given some degree of individual attention. However, when disabilities are moderate to severe, a learning environment with specialized instructors would be required.
In its admission and financial aid policies Mead Hall School acts
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ethnic origin, or physical handicap.